This is a repository with Railslove presentations created using showoff
How to create a new presentation
First you need to install showoff and all its depencies.
Then you run
showoff create presentationname within the showoff-presentations directory.
After that you
cd into your new presentation directory and run
../install_template.sh which will create symbolic links to the assets in the
Alternativly, to create a presentation with Railslove template, run
Start showoff presentation server in your presentation's directory
- Bullet list default layout when composing a list.
- Title and Text default layout when content has a title and text
You can assign each slide a different style and style combinations.
Available styles are:
- opener First slide with Raillove logo (any content is hidden)
- Agenda special layout when composing a list. It is recommended for this layout not to use a header, just use normal text as the title
- callout shows a callout/bubble
You can include one title (#) and one line of text. It can fit up to 3 lines of wrapped text
- chapter-opener green background with white text in the middle
- full-page-image single image with caption automatically take from the image's alt attribute
- vertically-centered Vertically centers the content of the slide overriding the default 120px top margin
- style=margin-top:300px adds custom css to the content of the slide, in this sample it adds a 300px top margin which overrides the default 120px
P.S.: test_new_template/one/01_slide.md shows off these features in use
How to print (or save as PDF)
Works best in Safari.
1. Press Alt + P, this will break the presentation and display all the slides in one page
2. Print the page (Cmd + P), select landscape layout and check the print backgrounds option and uncheck the print headers and footers option.
3. Print to actual paper or save as PDF ;)
How to set a timer on a slide that automatically moves to the next slide
Add the following style to the slide: auto-advance-xxxx where xxxx is number of milliseconds to wait before automatically moving to the next slide
How to deploy to heroku
In order for your showoff presentation to run on heroku, you need to add a
Gemfile.lock) and a
config.ru to your presentation directory. You can copy those files from the
Since you only want(need) to deploy only one presenation into one heroku app, you will need to copy the files into a different folder outside the
cd .. mkdir smurf cp -vRLf showoff-presentations/smurf ./ git init . git commit -m "something" heroku apps:create smurf --stack cedar git push heroku master
It's important that you use the
-L switch when copying the files. This makes sure that the symbolic links to the template assets are resolved.