Scaffold, Run, Test and Package Electron application with ease
What is Bozon?
Bozon is a single tool for handling different tasks being performed by multiple packages, which is used for building desktop applications with Electron. Simplify building, compiling, running, testing, and packaging your application.
- Electron - build cross platform desktop apps with web technologies
- Gulp - task runner that helps making all important processes with a single command
- Webpack - building and packaging source code for renderer process done with webpack
- spectron - Easily test your Electron apps using ChromeDriver and WebdriverIO
- electron-builder - package and distribute your Electron app
npm install -g bozon
Then generate your new project:
bozon new [name]
This will create a new directory
[name] produce the following file structure:
Starting an application
This will compile Application source code to
./builds/development directory and run your application from it.
Bozon provides a way to define environment specific and platform specific configuration options. These multiple config files are being merged into one single
settings object during build. This
settings object is being written into
package.json file of your application, so that you can use it in your code.
|--config/ | |--settings.json | |--environments/ | | |--development.json | | |--production.json | | |--test.json | |--platforms/ | | |--mac.json | | |--linux.json | | |--windows.json
Packaging Electron application is done by electron-builder using settings in defined in
Application source code is being compiled to
./builds/production/ directory, and packaged versions for different platforms go to
bozon package [mac|windows|linux]
MIT © Alex Chaplinsky