Components being replaced with rust versions.
You can edit this page to make it better!
Software that's already been, or in the progress of oxidation.
- Mozilla Firefox Oxidation.
- librsvg - Announcement and slides & librsvg is almost rustified
- minimp3 blog - https://wiki.alopex.li/PortingCToRust
- rpm-ostree - https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/9exvfv/rpmostree_20188_now_hard_requires_rust/
- A python standard library function - https://tech.blue-yonder.com/oxidizing-python-speeding-up-urlquoting-by-using-rust/
- A linux kernel module - (https://github.com/tsgates/rust.ko)
- A FreeBSD kernel module - https://github.com/johalun/echo
- fastmod, a rust reimplementation of codemod refactoring tool
- deno - a typescript implementation for running typescript outside the browser.
- coreutils, cross-platform Rust rewrite of the GNU coreutils
- remacs - a rusty version of emacs
The following conglomerate are components working together to replace openssl with rust implementations. Ring contains a little unsafe but the rest is pure rust with no unsafe blocks.
- mesalink.io: https://github.com/mesalock-linux/mesalink
Software where there are plans to do it, but it hasn't been done yet.
- mercurial - OxidationPlan + mononoke a implementation of mercurial server in rust.
- gstreamer plugins - writing gstreamer plugins in rust
- network device drivers - Writing Network Drivers in Rust, How to write PCIe drivers in Rust, go, C#, Swift, Haskell, and OCaml @ CCC
Tools that help automate the process.