When hacking up BASH scripts, I often find there are some higherlevel things like logging, configuration, commandline argument parsing that:
- I need everytime
- Take quite some effort to get right
- Keep you from your actual work
Here's an attempt to bundle those things in a generalized way so that they are reusable as-is in most of my (and hopefully your, if not ping me) programs.
An up to date intro is found on my blog.
This project implements the Semantic Versioning guidelines.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org.