Demonstration of using Highcharts for graph rendering in native iOS app. The app is written in Swift 3.0.2 (requires Xcode 8.2+). Highcharts is a JS based charting engine and the sample app demonstrates the ability to render charts using Highcharts within a WKWebview in a native app. The sample app also demonstrates drill down capabilities.
- About Highcharts : http://www.highcharts.com .
- The highcharts API : http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts
The sample app demonstrates the following :-
- Ability to dynamically load chart data / chart options
- Ability to listen to element selection events
- Multi-level Drilling down / Drilling up
The app uses a
WKWebView to load the Highchart and uses
WebKit messaging interface for communication between the native iOS app world and JS world.
- Details of the WKWebview at https://developer.apple.com/reference/webkit/wkwebview
The native iOS layer sends the chart data / options to the JS charting layer using the
The native iOS layer listens to drillup/drill down events from the chart using the
WKScriptMessageHandler interface and can redraw the chart with appropriate chart data.
- Details of WKScriptMessageHandler at https://developer.apple.com/reference/webkit/wkscriptmessagehandler
Refer to http://www.priyaontech.com/2017/01/highcharts-support-in-a-native-ios-app/ for a simple example that demonstrates loading of Highcharts chart with static chart data.
#License MIT License. See LICENSE for details.