Flow Apex Plug-in and a sample Flow to show how you can use Flow to use existing Picklist definitions without re-creating them as Choices in Flow.
- Custom object which will be used by Flow to keep track of the picklist values
- Flow Apex Plug-in which will populate the Custom Object with the latest picklist values for a given SObject and a field name
- Sample Flow to see how you can use the Account Industry picklist field values and the Lead Status picklist field values
Instructions( When using Salesforce Ant)
- Get the package
- Modify the build.properties file to point to your salesforce instance (Username, password, Server url)
- run 'ant deployUnpackaged'
- You can run the included Flow to see how Flow can use the Account Industry picklist field values and the Lead Status picklist field values
- The Apex Plug-in uses the Describe APIs to populate the picklist values of any SObject/Field in the custom object.
- The Flow has a dynamic choice which is configured to go against this custom object.
- If you want to re-use the picklist values in a Flow, simple drag and drop the Apex Plug-in before you want to show the information to the user making sure you specifiy the SObject and the field name (All API Names) in the Apex Plug-in