Joomla 3 Template Overrides for Bootstrap v3
The Simplest ever template overrides for your Joomla! 3.x website to make it compatible with Twitter Bootstrap v3.x
What does it have?
It includes two folders :
- frontbs3 - This is a complete template.
- overrides - This is a system plugin to override three core files of Joomla! (To override hard coding of Joomla! related to HTML and Bootstrap classes).
In the root/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/ you will get the overrides of the following files
- Overrides the layouts
Joomla! uses hard coding related to html and Bootstrap Classes in core files (like bootstrap accordion and modal popup HTML).
In this template you can also use fontAwesome v3.x. As the older versions uses class icon- but in fontAwesome v3.x icon class's name has been changed from "icon-" to "fa-".
A plugin named overrides which is a system plugin of Joomla, is also used to override some core files of Joomla!.
These three core files are overridden and placed into => frontbs3/site/ And the actual path is:
- bootstrap.php Path: libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php
- icons.php Path: libraries/cms/html/icon.php
- jquery.php Path: libraries/cms/html/jquery.php
So what you need to do to use this template
If you do not want the full template for your site and want only Bootstrap 3 work for your existing template, then you just need to follow below steps:
- Copy all files of html folder into your existing template's html folder.
- Copy the site folder of the template and paste it into your template folder.
- Fork the override folder and make a zip file and install the plugin.