In goes content, out comes a website, ready to deploy.
Static websites are safer, use fewer resources, and avoid vendor and platform lockin. You can read more about this in the Nikola Handbook.
It has many features, but here are some of the nicer ones:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola in a couple of hours)
- reStructuredText or Markdown as input languages.
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites
- Doesn't reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.
For more information, see http://nikola.ralsina.com.ar