An open-source YouTube player for the Android operating system, without ads.
- Video blocker which includes the following features:
- Channel blacklisting
- Channel whitelisting
- Block videos if their language is not the same as the user's preferred one(s)
- Low views video blocking
- High dislikes video blocking
- Icon in the toolbar displaying how many videos were blocked
- Videos watched or partially watched are marked accordingly. Resume playing feature also implemented.
- Video swipe controls, including volume, brightness, comments and video description controls.
- Bookmark videos
- Import subscriptions from YouTube
- Play channels' playlists
- Download videos
- Ability to play the video faster - or slower than live. [New!]
- View and download video thumbnails
- Doesn't display any adverts when browsing or playing videos
- Backup and restore bookmarks and subscriptions (all stored locally on your device)
- Explore Featured and Most Popular videos
- Browse YouTube channels
- Play YouTube videos
- View video comments
- Search videos, music and channels
- Channel subscription & non-intrusive notifications
- Subscriptions feed
More features will be added in the near future.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. For techies, that means an API level of 14 or greater.
* powered by a closed-source, third-party library.
- Free and Open-Source
- Innovative design
- No intrusive ads
- Not dependent on GAPPS/Google Apps (i.e. YouTube official app)
- No need for Google/YouTube account to operate
- My code does not spy on your behaviour!
This project was possible with the support and contribution of numerous volunteers and third-party projects.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (version 3 of the License).
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
This project is not affiliated with YouTube™ or any of its partners and/or products. YouTube™ and Android™ are registered trademarks of Google Inc.