odot-svg is a collection of MaxMSP objects (Pd version coming shortly) and Adobe Illustrator scripts for creating and performing digital scores using the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format.
There are two main objects for the current system:
- o.svg is an object to transcode SVG files into a OSC bundle.
- o.table.sort is a version of the odot o.table, with added functionality for sorting and optimized linear lookup
- CNMAT-odot: https://github.com/CNMAT/CNMAT-odot (see repository for other dependencies)
- pure-data source
For more detailed information, please see the paper included in the doc folder ( https://github.com/ramagottfried/odot-svg/blob/master/doc/SVG-OSC-Notation-revised.pdf ).
Some video demos of the system in action are available here:
- editing spatial trajectories in frame notation
- spatial frame notation layer organization in Illustrator
- frame example svg file organization (result of layer organization in Illustrator)
- importing the SVG file as OSC (odot) in Max
- granular synthesis notation example
- granular example patch walkthrough