The WordPress Template Hierarchy
wphierarchy.com is a visualization of the WordPress theme template hierarchy.
Official documentation is located at: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy.
- Michelle Schulp (design)
- Rami Abraham (code, site)
- Chip Bennett (original WordPress Template Hierarchy visualization)
- Mel Choyce, Dashicons icons ( icons, https://developer.wordpress.org/resource/dashicons/#vault )
- Travis Northcutt
- Eric Andrew Lewis
- Akira Tachibana
npm install -g gulp)
git clone https://github.com/ramiabraham/wphierarchy.git
- Create an issue
- Eat one cupcake
- Submit PR
WPHierarchy.com has a
rest api available at https://wphierarchy.com/api.
The api contains the following data:
- Stable version (the WordPress version currently supported by wphierarchy.com)
- Stable link (a link to the relevant WordPress.org release post)
An array of objects in
hierarchy_items, each structured as an array itself:
``` array( "object_id" => "c1r1", "semantic_id" => "archive_page", "name" => "Archive Page", "description" => "", "link" => "https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Archive_Index#The_Archives_Page", "classification" => "archive", "tip" => "", "since" => "" ) ``` So if you wish to get the names of all items, your request would be for: `data.hierarchy_items.name`
- Add links to the Codex for each item
- Add color-coded legend below header
- Add json api~~
- Refactor with css that isn't completely insane (complete rewrite with scss)
- Provide an easier means of l11n
- Add contextual highlighting via the
- Add example loops, template files, and/or semantic data (coming soon; the parameter in the api which will contain this data is
tips). An example of the small, desired strings for tips can be seen in the 4.5 embeds addition.
- Create an easy-to-use submission process on the site for tips.
- Finish cool secrets (if there are any, which there aren't).
v2, June 28, 2016
- Introduce API, located at https://wphierarchy.com/api
- Complete rewrite of the UI, using a single
- Some other secret things.
- Specified license.
Code: MIT License
WordPress template hierarchy design: Copyright 2016, Michelle Schulp
Wapuu character, Dashicons: GPL, via the Japanese WordPress Community
The WordPress logo is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation. More info: http://wordpressfoundation.org/trademark-policy.