The idea behind my memex implementation is this - browsing the web and navigating from one uri to another is analogous to creating a trail of information. I have created a plugin that like a camera allows the user to click record after which every uri navigation in the browser gets saved as a memex trail.
A typical use case is as follows.
- User clicks the plugin icon and is shown the Authorize button.
- User clicks Authorize and is taken to an options page where user provides a delicious username and password.
- User clicks Update and their 50 most recent bookmarks are shown on the page.
- User now clicks the plugin icon again and is shown the Record button.
- User clicks Record and starts browsing.
- User may click Pause at any time to stop making trails and check email for instance.
- User can click Stop at any time to terminate the trail.
- The trails are named using the title of the first web page in the trail.