A simple directed and undirected graph editor written in Java Swing. This provides the ability to create, edit, load and save a graph data structure. In addition this tool provides a number of graph algorithms which can be executed visually within the UI.
To run this app, the following steps need to happen:
Getting the Source
Clone the source tree using git:
git clone https://github.com/randysecrist/GEdit.git
This is a Java app that provides both a ANT and a MAVEN build script. There is not a significant difference between the two, but the ANT script is faster since it doesn't have to download maven related dependencies.
Build using ANT:
The easiest way to run the app is to open a terminal and run the following from the source directory:
java -jar gedit-1.0.0.jar
Refer to the full documentation located in the source tree. It will tell you how to create / load a graph, and how to run algorithms.
- Code is complete and has been updated to work with Java 1.6.
- Provides a graphical display for directed and undirected graphs.
- Provides a graphical display for a number of traversal algorithms.
- Displays disconnected graph islands within a multi document display.
- Keeps the entire graph together as a single data file which can be loaded or saved at any time.
- Provides support for both weighted and unweighted graphs.
- Autobalances graph nodes using edge tension.
- Enables / Disables potiential algorithms as per graph type.
- Graph API provides support to nest pluggable data types within Nodes.
Feature and Issues
Feature requests and issues can be created by anyone. Community feedback is welcome.