What is LMMS?
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and full MIDI support
- Import of MIDI and FLP (FL Studio®/Fruityloops® Project) files
- New FX Mixer
- New Instruments
- Instrument Enhancements
- Improved Demos/Presets
- UI Improvements
- Enabled toggling of knob scale in context menu (Linear/Logarithmic)
- Added ability to record automations
- Added support for undo/redo in Piano Roll
- Bug Fixes
See Compiling LMMS on our wiki for information on how to build LMMS.
If you are interested in LMMS, its programming, artwork, testing, writing demo songs, (and improving this README...) or something like that, you're welcome to participate in the development of LMMS!
Information about what you can do and how can be found in the wiki.
Before coding a new big feature, please always file an issue for your idea and suggestions about your feature and about the intended implementation on GitHub or post to the LMMS developers mailinglist (firstname.lastname@example.org) and wait for replies! Maybe there are different ideas, improvements, hints or maybe your feature is not welcome/needed at the moment.