An advanced starter template for building a static Jigsaw blog hosted on Netlify with analytics, comments, code highlighting, a contact form, a CMS, and more.
This template has extremely minimal CSS.
General details and features
- Static site generator: Jigsaw (Laravel Blade templates)
- Hosting: Netlify
- CMS: Netlify CMS
- Image hosting: Cloudinary
- Google Analytics
- Posts can have multiple tags
- Posts show a warning when potentially outdated (over 365 days old)
- Code highlighting: highlight.js
- Share buttons: sharer.js
- Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Card meta tags
- Comments: Disqus
- Contact form: Jumprock
Use this deploy button to get your own copy of the repository.
This button will do the following:
- Connect to your GitHub account and create a new repository with the name you specify
- Deploy your copy of the repository and setup continuous deployment
- Send an invite to the email address associated with your Netlify account
Accept the invite, set your password, then navigate to
/admin on your site to log in.
Now you're all set, and you can start customizing your static site!
After using the deploy button above, clone your copy of the repository and run:
$ composer install $ yarn install $ yarn watch
Your browser will open localhost:3000 automatically.
The default posts included in this template contain short guides on how to configure or implement some of its features.
When you use the 3rd-party services recommended by this template, make sure to read the docs of that specific service.
Released under the MIT License.