TinyTinyRSS Fever API plugin
See also Fever API
This plugin is an open source module for TinyTinyRSS which simulates the Fever API for reading the RSS Feeds with your Fever clients.
- Supported/Tested Clients
- Error reporting
Following Features are implemented:
- getting new RSS items
- getting starred RSS items
- setting read marker for item(s)
- setting starred marker for item(s)
- hot is not supported
These clients should be working fine with this API emulation.
- Reeder - iPhone
- Mr.Reader - iPad
- ReadKit - OS X
- Press - Android
- Meltdown - Android
- displays feeds as 'orphan' items, but runs fine
IMPORTENT Enable external API access in your TinyTinyRSS installation! Otherwise this will not work!
fever folder in the
plugins folder of your TinyTinyRSS installation. Enable the plugin in the preferences and set your password for the Fever API.
See here for more detailed informations.
In the file
fever_api.php there are two flags for debugging at the beginning of the file.
DEBUG- set this to true to get a fever_debug.txt file in your root folder of the Tiny Tiny RSS installation.
DEBUG_USER- set this to the id (from ttrss_users) of your user you would like to always authenticate on your Tiny Tiny RSS installation. The authentication process is then skipped and the api gets always authentication.
DEBUG_FILE- set this to a filename that suits you for debugging this plugin if you need to.
If you got problems with authentication after updating the plugin, try to reenter the password in TinyTinyRSS Fever plugin and save it again.
Please include your debug log which should be cleaned up. Please remove your username, password and apikey before posting it.
Licensed under GNU GPL version 2 (<- I think this is okay for this plugin…)
v1.0-v1.2 - 2013/5/27 - DigitalDJ version
- see this thread in the TinyTinyRSS Forum
v1.3 - 2013/6/27
- fixed several bugs in json output from the plugin
- added a small fix for Mr.Reader 2.0 so it can complete loading of all items (see FAQ)
- added first Mr.Reader compatiblity without marking items read/starred
- changed the field
updatedfor better reading experience
v1.4 - 2013/6/28
- fixed authentication with Mr.Reader 2.0
- fixed debugging options
v1.4.1 - 2013/6/28
- removed password from debug log file
v1.4.2 - 2013/6/28
- changed the
DEBUG_USERevaluation a little bit for disabling authentication without DEBUG = true
v1.4.3 - 2013/6/28
DEBUG_FILEto debug configuration
- changed authentication call from Mr.Reader so that the reply is also uppercase, since the API-KEY comes in uppercase from clients
- fixed debug output while authentication in Mr.Reader with displaying the email adress
v1.4.4 - 2013/6/28
- updated the documentation
- changed some in saving the generated API-KEY - now its generated like in the Fever API documentation
v1.4.5 - 2013/6/29
- fixed the cannot mark/star bug in Mr.Reader
v1.4.6 - 2014/1/15
- merged bigger pull request to get more Fever API RSS Readers to work
v1.4.7 - 2014/1/15
- added rewrite url function to module, since it was removed from tinytinyrss