This extension improves the threaded summary for emails in Thunderbird 3.0. It vastly improves the UI by including some ideas from GMail. More specifically:
- your own messages are displayed in the thread,
- you initially see summaries, they can be expanded to display full messages,
- quoted sections are collapsed à la GMail,
- fast links for replying (and possibly other useful actions),
- you can reply inline (through a "quick reply" feature),
- integration with Thunderbird Contacts.
For screenshots and a stable version, please head to AMO which should provide you with a ready-to-install package.
If you want to leave some feedback, we have a thread on Google Groups.
If you just want to start hacking, see
to learn how to use a proxy file. If you want to package a release,
./package.sh build will package a .xpi file.
This repo contains a git submodule. To make sure you've checked out all the files, make sure you run:
git submodule init git submodule update
before you start hacking. You also need to run
make in the
directory for the embedded pdf viewer to work properly.
There are tests for this addon. They are distributed as a MQ patch that you need to qimport into your comm-central tree. The file is tests/mozmill-conversations. Once you qimport'd it,
jonathan@ramona:~/Code/objdir-comm-central $ make \ MOZMILL_EXTRA=--addon=/home/jonathan/Codeemail@example.com/conversations.xpi \ SOLO_TEST=conversations/test-attachments.js mozmill-one