Ember Inspector is a Google Chrome Inspector extension for Ember developers. It displays a sidebar panel in the Inspector which provides information about the Ember view backing the currently selected element in the DOM. It also assigns the view object to a global variable _V which can then be used within the console for further inspecting.
- In Google Chrome, go to chrome://flags/ and enable Experimental Extension APIs. Relaunch your browser.
- Open Tools-->Extensions (ensure Developmen mode is checked) and click on "Load unpacked extension..." to intsall the extension.
- Customizable property watchlist
- Configurable global variable (change default _V to something else)
- Display clickable parentView and childViews
- Display the first ancestor backed by an Ember view if the selected element does not have one.
- When displaying an ancestor, the attribute "distance" shows the number of DOM levels it is away from the selected element.