Clone this wiki locally
Rapla is a flexible multi-user resource and event management system. The primary target of the program was universities. It allows coordination beetween the lectures and the administration.
It started as simple room booking software at the Institute of Computer Science in Bonn in 2000 but it has evolved into a fully configurable framework for event and resource management.
- Many specific scheduling views besides the typical month-, week- and day calendars
- Grouping of appointments in reservations and extensive appointment manipulation (repeating, exceptions)
- Support for periods
- HTML Read-only month-,week- and day- view
- pdf and ical export
- Email notification on resource allocation
- A fine-grained permission model. You can set who can access what, when and how.
- Customizable resource-, person-, and event-types. You can create your own types, with their specific attributes. Create categories, model hierarchical organizations
- Multi-user, multi-languages (6 at the moment)
- Usable in client-server mode or as standalone application.
- Startable with webstart or as an applet (Java Plugin needed). No client installation necessary.
- Data stored in a file or one in a database ( MySQL, PostgreSQL or hsqldb) ## Developing ##
- Plugin architecture (with currently a dozen plugins available)
- Windows XP,7,8,10
- MacOS X
admin (empty password)