Integrate Trello and HipChat
Send important Trello activity logs to HipChat rooms.
This program will monitor multiple Trello boards/lists and send notifications to multiple HipChat rooms. You can monitor a whole board, or just a specific subset of lists within it.
Currently, the following Trello activities are notified for all the specified lists/boards:
- Creation of a card
- Comments being added to a card
- Attachments being added to a card
- Moves of cards between lists, if etiher the old or the new list is among the monitored ones
- Completion of checklist items within a card
This subset of actions (with a carefully tuned whitelist of lists) should give a good balance and report important notifications to the whole development team.
How to install
Copy the program to some Linux server you have access to.
Copy the sample configuration from
Go through the configuration, read the comments and follow all the instructions to get all the required API keys, tokens, IDs, etc.
Run trello-hipchat.py within cron. You can use
crontab -eto edit the current user's crontab file, and add a line like this to run the program every minute and redirect its logs to syslog:
* * * * * /path/to/trello-hipchat.py 2>&1 | logger