Please sign in to comment.
x86: Simplify code by removing a !SMP #ifdefs from 'struct cpuinfo_x86'
commit 141168c and commit 3f806e5 upstream. Several fields in struct cpuinfo_x86 were not defined for the !SMP case, likely to save space. However, those fields still have some meaning for UP, and keeping them allows some #ifdef removal from other files. The additional size of the UP kernel from this change is not significant enough to worry about keeping up the distinction: text data bss dec hex filename 4737168 506459 972040 6215667 5ed7f3 vmlinux.o.before 4737444 506459 972040 6215943 5ed907 vmlinux.o.after for a difference of 276 bytes for an example UP config. If someone wants those 276 bytes back badly then it should be implemented in a cleaner way. Signed-off-by: Kevin Winchester <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Steffen Persvold <email@example.com> Link: http://firstname.lastname@example.org Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Borislav Petkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Ben Hutchings <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 7 additions and 32 deletions.
- +0 −2 arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h
- +2 −6 arch/x86/kernel/amd_nb.c
- +0 −2 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/amd.c
- +0 −5 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/common.c
- +0 −2 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/intel.c
- +0 −2 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce.c
- +1 −4 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce_amd.c
- +1 −3 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/proc.c
- +0 −2 drivers/edac/sb_edac.c
- +3 −4 drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c