This repository contains the tools and files for the rendering and pulishing of the cycling-oriented, OpenStreetMap based slippy map at http://velocarte66.fr.
- PostgreSql 9.1.9
- PostGis 1.5
- Mapnik 2.1
- Tilemill 0.10.1
- OpenLayers 2.11
The map is composed of several layers:
- CarteVeloBase - the base layer
- CarteVeloItin - cyclotourism itineraries
- CarteVeloRoutes - Small roads overlay
- CarteVeloChemins - Tracks overlay
- CarteVeloContour - Contour lines
The map is created under Linux with the following tool chain:
creation of a coast line shape file: . download the file land-polygons-split-4326.zip from http://data.openstreetmapdata.com/ . open the file with QGis: Layer - Add vector layer . select the polygons which cover the area of the map . save the selection with "Layer - save selection as vector file" as CarteVeloBase/layers/land/coast.shp
create a file default.bbox for the map area in the data subdirectory. Have a look at the sample files for the format.
launch the mk_cartevelo.sh script. This should do the job.
- describe ho to create the contour lines layer