Coda 2 - Wordpress Syntax Mode
UPDATE (October 24, 2014): Now compatible for Wordpress 4.x
This repository contains a custom syntax mode for Wordpress in Coda 2. The mode includes the following:
- HTML/PHP syntax highlighting
- Wordpress code completion
To install this mode automatically simply download the files, unzip them and open the .mode file with Coda 2.
To install this mode manually you must navigate to the Coda 2 install directory and copy the .mode file into the Modes folder.
Open Terminal and run the following command:
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Coda\ 2/
Then, to open the directory in Finder enter this command:
When Finder opens, you will see multiple folders. Drag WordPress.mode into the Modes folder.
How to Use
- To use the syntax mode you must first open or create a .php file.
- You must then set the syntax mode to Wordpress by clicking the gear icon in the lower left hand corner of Coda. NOTE: If you are not seeing the Wordpress syntax mode you may need to restart Coda.
- Now you will need to open a PHP tag -
- Once you are inside of the PHP syntax mode you will start seeing the code completion dropdown - try opening a function starting with "get_" and you should see a long list of completion hints.
That's it! You're all set! If you have any additions you would like to make, you can either comment here, send a pull request or contact me on my website: www.matthewray.com