Awesomium is an off-screen bHTML renderer. This basically means that you can give it a URL and it will give you an ofTexture of the webpage. You can also "inject" mouse and keyboard events, making it an interactive browser renderer. Also supports Flash!
ofxAwesomiumPlus is based on ofxAwesomium and adds the following features:
- Better input control
- Method binding
- Window resizing
- Transparency control
The code is written for OpenFrameworks v0.9.8 so you might need to modify the code slightly if you're using another version
- Download Awesomium Currently using v1.7.5
- Install Awesomium
- Try out the examples to make sure it works!
- Integrate it in your OF project using the platform specific tutorials
Set it up for OpenFrameworks
git clone https://github.com/razvanilin/ofxAwesomiumPlusto the
addonsfolder inside your OpenFrameworks folder
- Use the project generator and add the addon to your project
- Look at the example code to see how you can create the web view in your application
There are two examples included in the repository:
- example-basic - basic OF application loading google in a window
If you are getting a DWORD error make sure you include the
ofxAwesomiumPlus.h after the other headers. Check this issue for more details.