We the People
We the People gives voice to 15 million young citizens who don’t yet vote, and all other members of society who can. Citizens can view other citizens and assign tickets to them to complete various initiatives they care about. They can also create tickets for themselves and display their progression on them on their profiles.
Table of Contents
We the People was built to:
- Solve a problem classified in the 16th sustainable development goal: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
- Teach young people the power of voting and enable them to contribute to their communities in ways other than voting.
- Build awareness of the politicians and initiatives being solved in everyon's communitites.
- inspire people to not wait for politicians to fix their problems, as creating sustainable communities is everyone's responsibility.
Backend: Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL
On local machine, go to desired directory. Clone protag repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/rbarner14/we_the_people.git
Create a virtual environment in the directory:
$ virtualenv env
Activate virtual environment:
$ source env/bin/activate
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
$ createdb music
$ python3 -i model.py >>> db.create_all()
$ python3 -i seed.py
$ python3 server.py
Navigate to localhost:5000 in browser.
Thanks for exploring!
- Implement algorithm to suggest causes and initiatives leveraging their favorites.
- Incorporate block chain token disbursement.