A social network
This project usese environment variables to work. For most cases, the
defaults work but some sensitive info like keys must be overridden. Copy
the file in
.env in the project root and override
When running with
make run, it'll pick up these values automatically.
If you're doing it the hard way, you'll have to source them.
You'll need Docker to run the project.
- Run the image with
Running locally the hard way
If you don't want to use docker, you can also run it the old fashioned way.
- Install dependencies with
yarn install(recommended), or
- Run with
This project uses JSDoc to generate documentation. Generate everything
npm run document. The documentation will be generated in the
Building and pushing the image
You can also do some other operations
- Build the image with
- Push and build the image with
- Clean the environment with
Setting up Twitter for login
- Create an app on https://apps.twitter.com/
- Make sure you check "Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter"
- Make sure you specify a callback URL (eg. http://localhost:1927/login-callback)
Checking the code
This project uses the Hapi Style Guide for
npm run lint to check the code.