Jetson Easy setup configurator
The idea of this project is automatically update and setup your NVIDIA Jetson [Nano, Xavier, TX2i, TX2, TX1, TK1] embedded board without wait a lot of time.
- Biddibi Boddibi Boo is an automatic and REMOTE NVIDIA Jetson installer, from update&upgrade, patch the kernel or install ROS
- The Jetson_performance is a service to control the performance of the board, jetson_variables add new environments variables and jetson_release show the information about the board.
If you want start with this toolkit you can write in your server bash:
ubuntu@server:~$ git clone https://github.com/rbonghi/jetson_easy.git ubuntu@server:~$ cd jetson_easy ubuntu@server:~/jetson_easy$ ./biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh
Biddibi Boddibi Boo
The main script is called
biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh and you can setup in one shot all your board. The system has different modules to control your automatic installation, the list follow:
- Update & Distribution upgrade & Upgrade Update, upgrade and distribution upgrade the NVIDIA Jetson in only one shot
- Install Jetson release and performance service It's an automatic installer for Jetson_performance, jetson_variables and jetson_release
- Patch the NVIDIA Jetson from known errors If your release of NVIDIA Jetson have errors or require a patch this module update and fix automatically
- Kernel Update This module fix the NVIDIA Jetson and add the common drivers (FTDI, ACM, etc...)
- Set hostname Update permantly the hostname of your board
- Install ROS With this modules you install the release ROS in your board, add the workspace and set the ROS_MASTER_URI
- Set git user.name and user.email in your NVIDIA Jetson
- Install standard packages You can add in your NVIDIA Jetson the common packages (nano, htop, ... ) to ZED drivers (coming soon) and other...
biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh run with an easy user interface or you can use the silent mode and following a setup file the system will be installed automatically without other messages. If you want know all features you can write:
ubuntu@server:~/jetson_easy$ ./biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh -h Bibbibi Boddibi Boo is an automatic install for different type of modules. Usage: ./biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh [options] options, -h|--help | This help --nogui | Launch the system in silent mode (Without GUI) -q|--quiet | If required, force automatically the reboot -c [file] | Load configuration file from other reference [file] -m [user@host] | Remote connection with NVIDIA Jetson host -p [passwd] | Load password without any other request from the script
The Bibbibi Boddibi Boo script recognize if the script run on the NVIDIA Jetson or remotely and request the address and the password to connect on your board.
After savind the remote configuration the script automatically connect on your board without write again the user and the password.
Interactive user interface
When you launch the script you can read the information about your board, from user and hostname, release of the kernel to the NVIDIA Jetson hardware release if installed the version of ROS
Finally you can startup the installer and wait that jetson_easy complete the installation for you!
Look like the Interactive user interface this command start the installer without show you any type of messages
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/jetson_easy$ ./biddibi_boddibi_boo.sh -q
Jetson_performance, jetson_variables and jetson_release
- jetson_variables - This script generate the easy environment variables to know which is your Hardware version of the Jetson and which Jetpack you have already installed
- jetson_release - The command show the status and all information about your NVIDIA Jetson
- jetson_performance - This service load
jetson_clock.shhas a linux service