Github is awesome, but what it's lacking is good search results. It's very hard to filter out all the crappy, abandoned repos. HubSearch is a small web app that leverages Github's api to provide a better experience for search by giving each repo a score based on watchers, forks and when it was last commited to. You can also sort by any of these metrics.
You can check it out here.
If you want to run HubSearch locally or help me make it better, just follow these steps:
git clone git://github.com/jgallen23/hubsearch.git
npm install(you need node.js installed)
- open your browser to http://localhost:8000
- Better score algorithm (if anybody wants to take a shot, feel free)
- Be able to show/hide forked repos
- Pull in more than 100 results
- Remember language (store in localStorage or cookie)
- Show number of results