A Symphony extension that tracks user and system activity.
- Tracks creations, updates, and deletes of Entries, Pages, Events, Data Sources, Utilities, and Sections.
- Tracks frontend submissions via events.
- Tracks when Preferences are changed.
- Tracks when Extensions are enabled, disabled, or uninstalled.
- Tracks login activity and password reset activity.
- Provides a back-end interface for viewing and managing tracked activities.
- Provides a data source for accessing Entry-related tracker activity from the front end.
- Place the
trackerfolder in your Symphony
- Go to System > Extensions, select "Tracker", choose "Enable" from the with-selected menu, then click Apply.
Activities can be viewed at System > Tracker Activity. It is possible from this page to delete individual activities or to clear all activity in the system.
The view can be filtered with GET params using the normal Symphony back-end filtering syntax:
column can be any of:
user_id. values can be a comma-delimited list of values to filter on. The following values are acceptable:
- For item_type: a section id,
- For action_type:
- For user_id: an author id, or
0for unauthenticated/unknown users.
These query strings can also be used to filter the entries in Tracker's Dashboard panel:
Tracker allows you to exclude certain types of activity from being tracked. Go to System > Preferences and, in the "Tracker" section, choose any system elements, sections, or users you'd like to exclude from tracking.
Using Activity Info on the Front End
The included data source, "Tracker Activity" can be attached to Pages and returns all Entry creation/update activity.
Customized Data Sources
Configuration options are available in the data source file, but rather than edit the included version, it's recommended to copy the code into a custom DS of your own:
- Copy the
data.tracker_activity.phpfile to your
workspace/data-sourcesand rename it to data.your_datasource.php
- Update the class name (line 6) to datasourceyour_datasource
- Update the
about()method (line 28) to reflect your data source's name and other info
- Update the sorting and filtering options (lines 10-21) to suit your needs
- Enable other extensions to log activities
- Beef up the filtering; allow an all-sections wildcard
- Doesn't track page template changes (there's no delegate for that)