Foodstash is a platform for storing, sharing, and iterating on beloved recipes.
Table of Contents
Install dependies for both frontend and backend and setup postgres database using sql file
$ git clone email@example.com:rcackerley/recipes.git $ $ #frontend $ yarn install $ yarn start $ $ #postgres $ createdb recipes $ cat db.sql | psql recipes $ $ #backend $ yarn install $ node server.js
- Create a dummy account to browse the app
- Or use email: firstname.lastname@example.org / password: test
- Custom predictive search bar to query for recipes
- Add recipe to database
- Search for recipes based on category
- Authentication using JSON web tokens and bcrypt
- Client-side routing with react router
- State management with redux
- Responsive mobile-first CSS Grid/ Flexbox Layout
Libraries and APIs used within the application
Todos/ in progress
- Search for recipes based on ingredients
- Improve form submission for adding a recipe - include remianing fields
- Convert submission of ingredients and steps into multiple fields, pass in as array of strinngs.
- Make rating system for recipes operational
- Make derived version of recipes within recipe page to iterate on an existing recipe
- Add more user data within user settings such as avatar, backgorund color, ect.
- Create and add recipes to a cookbook