A clean-room clone of the Fever RSS aggregator, focusing on providing a compatible API and a simple but scalable feed store and fetcher based on SQLite or Postgres (using the Peewee ORM)
Project Status (May 2014)
This is ON HOLD -- i.e., usable and reasonably updated, but I have decided I'd rather read my RSS feeds as mail and moved on to use rss2imap, which was a more cost-effective hack.
I am preparing to incorporate portions of this into rss2imap-gae, which is a completely different thing in more ways than one, so look there for news.
Nevertheless, this codebase has served me well in terms of exploring ways to parallelize feed fetching -- I suggest you explore the available branches to get a feel for the different strategies I employed.
- Multi-user support
- Compatible with Reeder apps on iOS and Mac OS X
- URL expansion (i.e., no more junk URLs)
- Grouping of similar items
- Junk filtering (automatic elimination of redundant news items)
- Page extraction from link-only feeds
Stuff I don't intend to do
- A full-featured web interface (feel free to add your own)
- Coldsweat, by Andrea Peltrin, is a much nicer, polished solution if you're looking for something like this. And yes, there's a nice web interface in there, too.