Config (a working title)
A modern, distributed provisioning tool.
Product Status: Config is very alpha. Feedback of all types is welcome, especially issues and pull requests. Vagrant is the ideal way to get started; see below.
- Simple and minimal interface and implementation.
- A clear and obvious way to do things.
- An API and supporting tools that naturally reduces errors.
- Useful information when things do go wrong.
- Git-native change management for all aspects of the system.
- Enable branch-based development for operations.
Config aims to be simple. There are a few key concepts to understand.
- Node A server. A node has a blueprint and belongs to a cluster.
- Blueprint The complete set of patterns that describe a node.
- Cluster A collection of nodes that work together.
- Pattern A reusable concept that makes up a blueprint or another pattern.
The Getting Started guide will have you up and running in no time.
Documentation is in the doc directory.
Config is well suited for managing instances at Amazon EC2. Tools are limited right now, but are coming soon.
- Ryan Carver (email@example.com / @rcarver)
Copyright 2012 Ryan Carver. MIT License, see LICENSE for details.