Nvote is a decentralized, vote-driven community similar to services like Reddit and HackerNews. Nvote is powered by nostr.
Nvote is a work-in-progress and needs contributors.
Visit our Telegram group at https://t.me/nvote_app.
Run a client locally (recommended)
docker run --rm -it -p 1323:1323 --name nvote \ -e NV_ENVIRONMENT='local' \ rdbell/nvote:latest
Visit http://localhost:1323 in your browser.
Access through a gateway
You can use Nvote through my public gateway at https://nvote.co.
Why should I want to use this instead of a centralized service like Reddit?
- Community-based spam prevention with no centralized moderators.
- Publicly available activity data to help the community identify vote manipulation and astroturfing.
- Anyone can host a nostr relay and mirror the data.
- Relays and clients can be run locally or be made public for other people to share.
- Ability to disable spam filters or even modify the client with custom filters.
- You don't have to rely on a single relay for content. You can configure the client to use other relays as data providers.
- Backend data is owned by nobody and can be digested by alternative clients without the need for special API permissions.
See the Nvote's about page for more info: https://nvote.co/about
Set up a relay
View nostr relay options here: https://github.com/fiatjaf/nostr
- Fork the project.
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request