RDBOX (A Robotics Developers BOX)
RDBOX is an advanced IT platform for robotics and IoT developers that highly integrates cloud-native and edge computing technologies. Prepare RaspberryPi and AWS or Azure or Google Cloud Platform or Laptop(With Vagrant).
Don’t be surprised, there IT infrastructure is built automatically and maintained automatically.
(DETAIL: Effect on you)
And that is got Effect with only Run the scripts and Burn the SDCARD.
(DETAIL: What you do)
Please do not worry. You can create an SD card easily by app. (Now offering Windows10 and MacOS version. Linux versions will be released soon.)
Click here for details.
This is just an example of RDBOX functionality.
You can start using the useful features right away with a click. The RDBOX App Market is a platform to easily add highly integrates cloud-native and edge computing technologies applications to your RDBOX environment to help you develop service robots and IoT devices.
e.g. Jenkins, Harbor, Gogs, elasticsearch, kibana, logstash
Click here for details.
Table of Contents
- How to use
- Effect on you
- What you do??(Materials you'll need to prepare)
- Compared with other robotics platforms.
- Our Mission
- Support & Contacts
How to use
Auto-build Kubernetes cluster(Use Docker as a containerd.) & Secure-Scalable Physical-network optimized for ROS robots.
- Prepare RaspberryPi and AWS or Azure or Google Cloud Platform or PC. (Please see the wiki for details.)
- Please also refer to the latest release notes.
- If you just want to try RDBOX out, check out the Our Wiki page to give it a whirl. （←英語/日本語の二ヶ国語のマニュアルが用意されています。）
- One of our utilities, flashRDBOX, allows interactive dependency injection (DI) to RaspberryPi. There is no need for difficult operations.
- If you own TurtleBot3, you can also experience the deployment of ROS applications.
- Otherwise, you can learn the procedure for building development environment with RDBOX.
Effect on you
RDBOX based on HypriotOS (Debian GNU/Linux 10) .___. /___/| | |/ .---. RDBOX - A Robotics Developers BOX -
- You can get your only IT infrastructure.
- Full support for your robot working in on-site.
What you do
- Run the Script on your Virtual machine (VirtualBox or AWS or Azure or Google Cloud Platform).
- Burn the SDCARD Image for your Raspberry Pi.
Make your job easy with 3 features.
1. Orchestrate all resources running "ROS robots/IoT Devices"
- You will get a simpler and creative development experience than deploying with traditional roslaunch. Furthermore, it becomes easy to control a lot of groups of robots.
- Orchestrate ROS nodes on robots and conputer resources by Kubernetes.
- Allow mixing of x86 and ARM architecture CPU.
- k8s master will run on AWS EC2 or Azure VirtualMachine or Google Cloud Platform ComputeEngine or VirtualBox on your PC.
- Connect with the robots and others by Mesh Wi-Fi Network.
- Connect with the Clouds/On-Premise by VPN Network.
2. Make It yourself!!
- The RDBOX Edge devices builds with Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4B.
- There is no worry that the back port will be installed. (All source code and hardware are disclosed.)
- Raspberry Pi provides you edge computing and Wi-Fi network and environmental sensors and more.
- Provide assembly procedure and original SD card image.
3. NETWORK CONNECT
- Easily set up a dedicated local area network for robots.
- Simply connect RDBOX in between the internet and your service robot. In one simple step, you can build a local area network and development environment. No knowledge of internet or networking is necessary.
- Many network applications, including NTP, are offered with the product. Automate your network robot management.
- All you need is a power source. Cover the whole movable range of mobile robots with a Wi-Fi network.
Compared with other robotics platforms
3 Advantages compared to competitor's "robot development platform".
1. The RDBOX Provides ALL layers (L1 to L7) of the OSI reference model
- Competitor's "robot development platform" does not support it. You may need to pay a great deal of money to a specialist for consultation.
- Providing access points via mesh Wi-Fi. The robot just connects to the access point.
- It is possible to get security measures such as VPN and firewall andmore..., and convenient functions such as network application.
2. The RDBOX can be made with general equipment
- You can start using it with the "laptop" and "Raspberry Pi3B / 3B + / 4B" you may already have.
3. The RDBOX take in the good points of other companies' robot development platforms
- It can be used by combining "simulator linkage" and "existing API service" that other companies are good at.
- Object Detection API
- Reinforcement learning by Gazebo.
- and more..
- RDBOX App Market
- The RDBOX App Market is a platform to easily add highly integrates cloud-native and edge computing technologies applications to your RDBOX environment to help you develop service robots and IoT devices.
- Create an SD card for RDBOX using an easy-to-understand GUI.
- Transparent proxy servers for HTTP, HTTPS, DNS and TCP.
- Middleware for RDBOX
- SD card image for Raspberry Pi with Docker: HypriotOS
- hostapd is an IEEE 802.11 AP and IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP/RADIUS Authenticator.
- We are applying and applying our patch.
- Open Cross-platform Multi-protocol VPN Software.
- We are applying and applying our patch.
- Utilities for configuring the Linux Ethernet bridge.
- network services for small networks.
- support for NFS kernel server.
Solve: Short of talented engineers (48,000 people in Japan in 2020)
- Robotics is a complex technology.
- Therefore, the backbone of the engineer is different. Naturally, IT skills of each engineer are not constant.
- The use of IT technology is essential to build a robot system that links various types of service robots and IoT devices.
RDBOX (a IT infrastructure for ROS robots.) Boosts the productivity of engineers with various backbones
- for Engineer with various backbones.
- Create opportunities to experience "Advanced IT technologies".
- for Advanced IT Engineer
- Provides easy customization and high affinity to existing modules. (like a ToolBOX)
- for Robotics beginners
- Master the standard development process.(high productivity.)
- Portable version
- Multipoint connection
- Improved fault tolerance (multiple sites version)
- App Market
- Multi-OS GUI SDWriter
- aws and nvidia, cooperation
- Google Cloud Platform
- Create dedicated H/W
- Docker File Generator
- k8s. yaml file Generator
- elastic plug-in
The following is a set of guidelines for contributing to RDBOX.
These are mostly guidelines, not rules.
Use your best judgment, and feel free to propose changes to this document in a pull request.
- Contributions to our components that make up RDBOX apply similar rules.
- Fork this repository.
- Create a branch from
- Write code.
- Send a PR from the branch.
Support & Contacts
For help and feedback, please feel free to contact us.
ask Stack Overflow questions with #rdbox.
or E-mail consultant is also available. RDBOX Project (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are favorite to RDBOX, please follow my GitHub account.
Licensed under the MIT license.