Base Flask App
This project is application skeleton for typical Flask and AngularJS web apps. You can use it to quickly bootstrap your Flask and Angular web app projects and dev environment.
The project contains two things:
- A sample Flask application configured to serve dynamic pages as well as provide an example API
- A sample AngularJS application based off angular-seed used to interact with the API created using Flask
What's In The Box - Flask
There's a ton of pre-packaged goodness in the Flask application for you. Here's the list:
- Fully implemented Bootstrap theme: Readable from Bootswatch
- Over 250 glyphs in font format from the Glyphicon Halflings set.
- Done-for-you drop-down menus just waiting for you to expand the app and add your own urls.
- Custom favicon made from the Flask logo. Just replace it with yours.
- jQuery 2.2.3
- D3.js 3.5.16
- BootStrap DateTimePicker 4.17.37 - make your datetime picker look super hot.
What's In The Box - AngularJS
The AngularJS application is preconfigured to install the Angular framework and a host of development and testing tools. The app does one thing - demonstrates how to interact with a RESTful API.
- Python 2.7+
If you want to run the AngularJS application, you will also need:
Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/rdempsey/base-flask-app
Navigate to the main directory
Install the requirements
pip install -r requirements.txt
Run the Flask App
If you would like run the Flask application, do this:
Change into the api directory:
Run the Flask app:
Navigate to the home page: http://localhost:5000
Run the AngularJS App
If you would like run the included AngularJS application, perform the steps in the previous section to start the Flask app and then do the following:
Open a second terminal window and navigate to the angular-for-flask directory (in the base-flask-app folder):
Install the required dependencies:
Use Bower to install bootstrap (may require sudo):
bower install bootstrap
Run the application:
Browse to the default page: http://localhost:8000/app