Automating Your Work with Node.js
There will be a snapshot of its beginning state in the
beginning branch — the
master branch reflects the end result.
What you need
- Node.js — version 4 or greater
- npm — typically comes installed with Node.js
What your tool will be able to do
- Automatically reload when you make changes to your code
- Concatinate your CSS, alters it to include common browser vendor prefixes, and minify
- Make your image files smaller
- Prepare your files for deployment
On the agenda
- Install all the things!
- What is gulp?
- Writing your first gulp task
- Setting up auto-reloading with BrowserSync
- Concatinating your CSS
- Minifying your CSS
- Autoprefixing your CSS
- Minifying your images
- Putting it all together