Pedal Powered Fairy Lights
- Install the Arduino IDE 1.6.6 or later ** Windows & Mac users may find a download link here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software ** Major Linux distros carry it in their software repositories, or the link above may be used
- Install the Adafruit_NeoPixel.h library: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_NeoPixel
Building Using the Arduino IDE
This method is preferred on Windows and for casual users who just want to build and use the project.
- Open Arduino IDE
- Open pedal_powered_fairy_lights/pedal_powered_fairy_lights.ino
- Set the board to "Arduino Nano" (under the Tools -> Board menu)
- Connect Nano
- Click the Upload button on the tool bar
Using make on Linux
This alternative build system may also be used. It is an alternative to using the Arduino IDE and may be preferred by some users.
- Intall the Arduino-Makefile system: https://github.com/sudar/Arduino-Makefile
- Edit the arduino_inc.mk file and set the include line to point at where you installed Arduino-Makefile
- In a shell, from the pedal_powered_fairy_lights directory, use the command "make upload" to build and install the code
LED 'flare' ideas
- Random static burst
- Block bounce
- Pour fill
Because the Arduino IDE won't handle including a library from another library (version < 1.6.6), you must use v 1.6.6 or later.