React Knowledgeable is a fun and friendly podium to share what we learn about React.
This repo is the community site for
🖥 Developing locally
You will need an Airtable API key to develop locally
- Set up GitHub Personal Access Token, refer to Authenticating with GraphQL for requisite scope
- Acquire Airtable API Key and Base ID and set it into your environment. Your Airtable base should have a table named
Attendeesand short string fields with "Event ID", "Github Username", "Created Date", "Name" and "Type".
npm start(see below for variable configuration).
You can either create a
.env file, or specify these keys when running the
GITHUB_TOKEN=XXX AIRTABLE_API_KEY=YYY ... yarn start or
env GITHUB_TOKEN=XXX AIRTABLE_API_KEY=YYY ... npm start
// .env file GITHUB_TOKEN=XXX AIRTABLE_API_KEY=YYY AIRTABLE_BASE_ID=ZZZ
🎙 Talk slides
- Go to one of the meetup pages, i.e. https://reactknowledgeable.org/meetups/1/
- Press p for presentation mode
- Paging controls:
- space or j: next page
- k: previous page
- digits 0 ~ 9: respective pages
Random things to note
If you use
npm instead of
yarn, you may run into the following error:
The above error occurred in the <StoreStateProvider> component: in StoreStateProvider in App React will try to recreate this component tree from scratch using the error boundary you provided, App. Warning: App: Error boundaries should implement getDerivedStateFromError(). In that method, return a state update to display an error message or fallback UI.
The actual cause of this error might be due to the differences between how both package managers handle things. Running
yarn and letting the yarn resolve dependencies will fix the issue.