- Ben (React)
- Christopher (React)
- Dan (React)
- Keyan (React, intern)
- Paul (React)
- Sebastian (React)
- Tom (React)
- Team members worked on tangential/random projects last week.
- Sebastian showed a demo of text layout in JS.
- Dan and Christopher introduced Create React App.
- We are continuing work on moving Facebook.com codebase away from
- Discovered an issue with automocking of bound functions working differently, fixing the internal tests manually.
PureComponentdidn’t quite work in Flow, fixed in 0.30.0.
- Plan to run the
createClasscodemod on Facebook.com codebase this weekend.
- It touches 1/7 of all files in the Facebook.com JS codebase!
- Started at a hackathon last week.
- Ready to release tomorrow with a live stream.
importfor CSS is somewhat controversial.
- Ben is concerned that it is non-standard.
- Dan and Christopher think upsides of using one bundler for all assets outweigh the downsides.
- We’ll add a note to the howto explaining how this works, and that it is not required for React.
- We don’t have this problem at Facebook because we have a custom CSS pipeline, but we aren’t entirely happy with it either.
React Release Manager
- Paul is getting close to finishing React Release Manager.
- The goal is to make it easy for anyone to release a new version of React.
- It automates all the steps we are doing before every release so React Native folks or community members can cut releases.
- It has a slick interactive CLI!
- If you’re curious, there’s a README here.
Please feel free to discuss these notes in the corresponding pull request.