Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is the 6th release of Reactor 3.2, part of
Californium-SR4 Release Train.
This is a recommended update for all Reactor 3 users, containing a few improvements, a new operator (
switchOnFirst) and documentation improvements (the biggest being a switch from PNG marbles to SVG marbles).
⚠️ Update considerations and deprecations ⭐️The marble diagrams are now in SVG format instead of PNG. They are also embedded in the sources/javadoc jars.
- This should allow anybody wanting to contribute to diagrams to do so more easily
- Embedding the diagrams (
doc-files) means we don't rely on being online to fetch and display them.
- It also greatly facilitates the releasing process of a change to a diagram / new diagram.
- Be aware that some IDEs might have a bit of trouble with size of SVG when displaying "documentation popups" (eg. IntelliJ IDEA prior to 2018.3.1)
✨ New features and improvements
- Add subscribeCount() to PublisherProbe (#1447)
- Converted eager toString call from index operator to lazy (#1453)
- Add Kotlin extension switchIfEmpty with deferred execution (#1460)
- Add onErrorContinue to Mono API (#1458)
- Add putNonNull and size methods to Context (#1442)
⭐️Add new switchOnFirst operator to Flux (#1423)
- Optimize assembly tracing (#1466, #1483)
- Polish Mono Kotlin extensions and functions fixes (#1475)
📖 Documentation, Tests and Build
- [doc] Various fixes to the javadoc/reference guide (bad method names, indentation...) (#1471, #1473)
- [build] Add Micrometer to OSGI optional bundles (#1470)
- [build] Improve build compatibility with JDK11 (JRuby, asciidoctor, etc...) (#1477, #1479, #1480)
- [doc] Big rework of the integration of marbles into the javadoc (#1390):
- Rework marble diagrams into SVG
- Marble SVGs now directly in doc-files folder
- Added a graphical convention document in docs/svg
- Verified, reworked and optimized all marbles