A list of lists of awesome Readium resources.
Readium is an open-source foundation dedicated to the development of software, standards and best practices for digital publications.
Disclaimer: This list is created for informational purposes only and any links do not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Readium Foundation.
The Readium community has developed several standards for publications:
- Web Publication Manifest - specifies a JSON manifest format for distributing publications on the Web
- Licensed Content Protection - specifies an interoperable DRM scheme for packaged publications
- License Status Document - specifies a JSON document that provides additional controls over a license
- Architecture - overview of the architecture of all Readium projects
- Locators - defines a JSON object for pointing into digital publications
- Readium CSS - defines a set of reference stylesheets for EPUB Reading Systems
These open-source viewers are all compatible with the Readium Web Publication Manifest.
- Epub.js - an ebook viewer written in JS
- R2 Reader (Android) - an ebook and comics viewer written in Kotlin, LCP compliant (this is primarily a test app for Readium Mobile projects)
- R2 Reader (iOS) - an ebook, PDF and comics viewer written in Swift, LCP compliant (this is primarily a test app for Readium Mobile projects)
- Vivliostyle - a document and publication viewer written in JS
- xbreader - a manga viewer written in TypeScript
- Bookbeat - an ebook and audiobook reader based on Readium Mobile iOS.
- DITA Reader Android - an ebook reader based on Readium Mobile Android, LCP compliant.
- DITA Reader iOS - an ebook reader based on Readium Mobile iOS, LCP compliant.
- PRETNUMERIQUE en Bibliothèque - an ebook and audiobook reader based on Readium Mobile iOS, LCP compliant.
- Animeta! (xbreader) - first chapter of a manga distributed using RWPM in a fork of xbreader
- Herland (Jellybooks) - a classic distributed using RWPM in Jellybooks' take on Readium Web
- Readium CSS Documentation (Vivliostyle) - Readium CSS documentation in Vivliostyle Viewer using RWPM
- Tom Sawyer (De Marque) - Tom Sawyer as an audiobook published by Librivox using RWPM in De Marque's Audiobook Reader
- webpub-viewer - an
iframebased navigator for ebooks, written in JS
- comics-viewer - an
imgbased navigator for comics, written in JS
- audiobook-player - an
audiobased navigator for audiobooks, written in JS
To the extent possible under law, all contributors waive all copyright and related neighboring rights to this work.