Register here for Aeron Community Meetups - 12 October London / 18 October NY / 16 November Chicago.
- Add port manager to C and Java drivers to allow for a limited range of ports that can be used when subscription endpoint addresses and publication control addresses specify a port of
0. This can make network access configuration simpler (Driver).
- Wait for end of stream event on the log instead of the counter becoming unavailable before entering into a new Election (Cluster).
- Close log publications before trying to stop recording to speed up graceful leader step down (Cluster).
- Ignore resting subscription positions when calculating join position or draining driver entities when tethering is being used (C Driver).
- Extensions points to support Standby Snapshots (Cluster).
- Ensure that the
clusterDirectoryNamefield is synced with the
clusterDirconfiguration parameter during conclude in
- Cluster tutorial updates (Documentation).
- Extract invocation of background work in the service container.
- Do not fail if Aeron directory exists, but the CnC file does not (C Driver).
aeron_errcodeto get the latest error code when reporting problems creating the Aeron directory (C Driver).
- Don't let a bounded replay go beyond counter value to stop position so commit position can be used for replay (Archive).
- Add addition example Authentication and Authorisation services (Archive/Cluster).
- Add additional documentation to specify details when Authorisation is used (Archive/Cluster).
- Clarify logic about extending a replay while being bounded (Archive).
- Changes to host name resolution on start up (Driver).
- Perform host name resolution once and track its execution time via the duty cycle tracker and the event log.
<unresolved>as a host name if it cannot be resolved instead of null.
- Fix GCC 9 warning
- Await initial counters being updated by the conductor thread before reading the values.
- Trigger graceful leader close election based on recording stop signal (Archive).
- Add end of stream position to Subscriptions (Client).
- Allow for relocatable mark files for the
- Move close operations on MDS transports on the conductor not the receiver thread (C Driver).
- Allow preparing for new leadership to be less serial to reduce election time (Cluster).
- Async removal of destinations as log adaptor closes when preparing for election (Cluster).
- Fix CMD_OUT_ERROR log format (C Driver).
- C driver handle untethered subscriptions correctly, ensure that tethering behaviour matches Java driver (C Driver).
- Fix name in toString (Java Client).
- Improve error message (C++ Archive Client).
- Clean up Apple M1 compilation. Move loss reporter function into compilation unit. Add pragmas to account for unused but set variables (C).
- Add logging to track information when a
- Add deduplication step for aeron-agent jar.
- Add deduplication step for aeron-all jar.
- Add an annotation processor to generate a version class for a number of the Aeron packages.
- Include the git sha in the version C binaries.
- Upgrade to SBE 1.29.0.
- Upgrade to JUnit 5.10.0.
- Upgrade to Agrona 1.19.1.