HN Clone replicates much of the functionality of news.ycombinator.com allowing users to post links, comment on links, comment on comments, and vote on comments/links that are not theirs.
To run HN Clone locally at localhost:3000, simply enter the following in your bash shell:
git clone https://github.com/Pcushing/HN_Clone.git bundle install rake db:migrate rails s
Check out our working demo of HN Clone.
- Provide numbering on the list of links
- Update ordering of links and comments based on a combination of votes, time since posting, etc.
- Provide explicit error messages for validation errors
- Improve loading various resources via AJAX instead of explicit refreshes
- Allow users to retrieve passwords, edit their credentials
HN Clone is a side project and totally free. Enjoy.