This repo contains the source code for my blog https://pathof.dev
The project makes use of https://www.gatsbyjs.org as a static site generator and https://prismic.io as a headless CMS. When used together, a static blog site like this can be created. It can also be hosted on static hosting like https://www.netlify.com
How can I use this source to create my own blog?
- Familiarity with https://www.typescriptlang.org as all the code is TypeScript
- https://nodejs.org, installed on your PC
- https://prismic.io, create a repository with a content type called
Blogand with an API id of
- Clone this repo to your PC or fork it if you like
- Go to repo folder on your PC and install dependencies with
- Create a file in the root folder called
.env.private file, add the following and replace the dots with your information
PRISMIC_REPOSITORY_NAME=... PRISMIC_API_KEY=... GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_PROPERTY_ID=...
Use the following shell commands as needed
npm run develop # run in development, visit http://localhost:8000 npm run build # generate production build npm run serve # serve production build
Hosting your static site
You can use any static site hosting you like. Simple options are to upload the files to an S3 bucket or use a service like https://www.netlify.com