VULK - Vulkan 3d engine
What is it ?
Vulk is a 3D engine aimed to provide the best graphical experience with Vulkan API. It is written fully in Python. It depends on C modules for the communication with Vulkan.
What is the project goal ?
- Easy to use: you don't need to understand Vulkan to use VULK.
- Modular: every single part of the api must be modular.
- Full: you shouldn't need to customize core code, it should suits everyone needs.
Documentation is builded with
mkdocs and the
After each commit, Travis CI builds the documentation and pushes it in the
vulk-doc repository. All the documentation is inside the
You can easily contribute to it, it's markdown syntax. Check out the
To build the html documentation (in vulk-doc folder), execute the following commands:
pip install -r requirements.txt python setup.py doc
The API documentation is generated after each commit by Travis CI servers into the dedicated repo vulk-api. You can check it here: API reference
To make a beautiful API documentation, we must respect conventions. Instead of reinventing the wheel with syntax format, we use the Google Style Python Docstrings. Here a complete example: example.
To run the unit tests, execute the following command:
python setup.py test
- vulkan: Module to communicate with Vulkan SDK
- pyshaderc: Module to compile GLSL to Spir-V
- VulkBare: Module which provides helper functions
Stay in touch
You can contact me by opening issue (bug or interesting discussion about
the project). If you want a fast and pleasant talk, join the irc channel:
#vulk. I'm connected from 9AM to 6PM (France).