JSBot is an IRC bot library written in Node JS.
With features like multiple server support and being 'pretty good, I guess,' JSBot is designed to be the IRC bot library of the future! For an example of a large project which uses JSBot, take a look at DepressionBot.
To get started with JSBot, take a look at the 'run.js' example provided with the code, then head on over to the online documentation.
0.3 I guess
- Fixed an edge case with the IRC line tokenisation /potentially/ causing events to be parsed twice
- Isolated all core channel/nick list logic in JOIN/PART/KICK/QUIT/NICK handlers
- Removed useless timeout in 004 handler, switched it to handle 001 instead
- Removed a duplicate send() call for IDENTIFY
- Semantically reorganised source code
- Various other improvements
- Multiple server support.
- Functionality for certain users to ignore listeners with certain tags.
- Better 'event' object passed to listeners.
- Ability to 'reply' to events.
- It connects to a server
- Some of the other functionality you'd expect, like, what do you want from me?