NOTE: The way we develop GWT apps has changed since this application was developed.
This is the gwt "contacts" tutorial application from google. The following enhancements have been made;
- Upgrade to use the JDK logging emulation layer
- Integrate "GWT RPC XSRF protection" to avoid Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Use Google Gin as the client-side dependency injection framework
- Converted to use the Activities & Places Framework for managing bookmarking inside the application, and to enable easy code splitting.
- Split into multiple code modules (server, client and shared) to help in modularizing the code base.
- Integration of checkstyle rules to help enforce good styles.
- Conversion of the server-side to use EJBs for the service layer and JPA for the persistence layer.
- Convert to using Domgen to generate service/event/entity boilerplate.
- Conversion to using a maven-style source code layout and the Buildr tool to automate the builds.
- Integration with the Intellij IDEA IDE added.
Download the right version of ruby.
Install the ruby dependencies. (i.e. "gem install bundler && bundler install")
Install the GWT and GlassFish Integration plugins into IDEA
Generate IDEA project files. e.g. "buildr idea"
Download and install GlassFish 184.108.40.206 or later.
Setup GlassFish configuration in IDEA and make sure it deploys the contacts artifact when it starts up.
Learn and perform magic.