NsDepCop - Namespace Dependency Checker Tool for C#
NsDepCop is a static code analysis tool that helps you to enforce namespace dependency rules in C# projects.
- Runs as part of the build process and reports dependency problems.
- No more unplanned or unnoticed dependencies in your system.
What is this dependency control anyway?
- Add the NsDepCop NuGet package to your C# projects:
- If you have v1.7.0 then you should update to v1.7.1 because that's much faster.
- A file called config.nsdepcop is automatically added to your project. Edit it and describe dependency rules.
- If your project doesn't use the packages.config package manager format then you'll have to add config.nsdepcop manually.
- When you build the project, dependency violations will be reported in the build output just like compiler errors/warnings.
See the Help for details.
Install the VSIX (Visual Studio Extension) to get instant dependency check while editing the code.
Install the NsDepCop Config XML Schema Support for Visual Studio to get validation and IntelliSense while editing the config.nsdepcop files.
- For Visual Studio 2017:
- For Visual Studio 2015: see the instructions in Help.
- See the Change Log for version history.
- See the Upgrade instructions if upgrading from versions prior to v1.6.0.
- See the Milestones for planned releases.
- See the Old Versions.
- Please use the Issue Tracker to record bugs and feature requests.
- Or tweet me