NsDepCop - Namespace Dependency Checker Tool for C#
NsDepCop is a static code analysis tool that helps you to enforce namespace dependency rules in C# projects.
- Runs as part of the build process and reports dependency problems.
- No more unplanned or unnoticed dependencies in your system.
What is this dependency control anyway?
- Add the NsDepCop NuGet package to your C# projects:
- Add a file called config.nsdepcop. Edit it and describe dependency rules.
- For projects that use the old packages.config nuget format the file is automatically added.
- When you build the project, dependency violations will be reported in the build output just like compiler errors/warnings.
See the Help for details.
Install the VSIX (Visual Studio Extension) to get instant dependency check while editing the code.
Install the NsDepCop Config XML Schema Support for Visual Studio to get validation and IntelliSense while editing the config.nsdepcop files.
- For Visual Studio 2017/2019:
- For Visual Studio 2015: see the instructions in Help.
- See the Change Log for version history.
- See the Upgrade instructions if upgrading from versions prior to v1.6.0.
- See the Milestones for planned releases.
- Please use the Issue Tracker to record bugs and feature requests.
- Or find me on twitter
- Roslyn for the best parser API.
- ReSharper for the free licence of this amazing tool.
- DotNet.Glob for the globbing library.