Week 4 - October 02
Stop Motion Pitch
- The 12 Principles Presentation: 1 + 2. Squash + Stretch and Anticipation - Catherine + Ronaldo
- Demo: How to Stop Motion w/ Onion Skinning
- Intro to Video Editing w/ Adobe Premiere
- In groups of two or three, pitch and workshop your stop motion project ideas.
- Download the Stop Motion App and start doing tests shoots.
- Read: Understanding Comics Chapters 7-9
- Share: Post a favorite image of a frame or page from Understanding Comics. Please take your photo into Photoshop and adjust before posting it on the wiki. Resize it, clean up the color
- Do: Create a detailed Storyboard for your stop motion project. It must be physical – at least 10 frames and drawn or collaged on cards 5 x 7 inches or larger. Think about your characters actions as well as how you will set up your shots. If you can come up with a stop motion rig + start animating your project. Be prepared with materials to animate or video footage to edit next class.
Reading/Watching Response: The Making of the Nightmare Before Christmas
Kenny (Seung) Response
Munesh - Response
Marilyn - Response
Ronaldo - Response