RecipEase is a Java application for Android made to revolutionize the way users decide on what meals to cook. It recommends potential recipes for the user to make based on ingredients they want to cook with, allowing for easy brainstorming of potential uses for ingredients that have been sitting in the pantry for a while, unused. This app is ideal for the amateur cook, who may buy an ingredient to use in one particular recipe, without knowing what else it can be used for. Recipe suggestions inform the user of how many ingredients they are missing, if any, as well as key details such as the cook time and instructions. Social features such as favoriting recipes and uploading personal recipes are other important aspects of the app.
The overall goal of RecipEase is to increase utilization of ingredients through appropriate recipe suggestions, allowing for a more streamlined cooking experience.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Build With
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. See deployment for notes on how to deploy the project on a live system.
- Android device running Android 5.1 Lollipop or greater
- Android Studio
- Download the repo and open it in Android Studio as an Android Studio project
- Build the application and run it on either a virtual machine or a physical device
Give an example
Add additional notes about how to deploy this on a live system
- FirebaseAuth - Handles user authentication
- FirebaseDatabase - The database used
- FirebaseStorage - Stores user uploaded images
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
- Andrew Ratz - Database integration, logo design, Recipe Details GUI, recipe suggestions algorithm, and the overall concept - ar4757
- Joe Knight - Scripting to make the database suit our needs, and database implementation - knightjoe2222
- Akira Sewnath - Browse Recipes GUI, including dynamic loading of recipes while scrolling, and unit tests - asewnath
- Archit Rathi - Ingredient Selection GUI, including autocomplete search bar - progdude
- Robert Matyjek - Navigation Bar and unit tests - RobertMatyjek
- Robert Robillard - Registration, Home, and Profile GUIs, as well as keeping the team organized - BobbyRobillard
- Lily Ohira - User profile GUI, and task management of the team - lilohi
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details
- The Recipe1M dataset hosted by MIT, which we modified for our database - Recipe1M